Thursday, December 15, 2011

JZN NFL Predictions vs. Spread (2011-12): Week 15 Picks Part 5 of 5

Here is the final part to my NFL Picks For Week 15 of the 2011-12 NFL season.



Baltimore Ravens at San Diego Chargers (+1)

A part of me feels like the Baltimore Ravens are due for one more loss this season. I don't see that happening against the Cleveland Browns or Cincinnati Bengals. Albeit 6-7, the Chargers have normally played better in the final weeks with Norv Turner. The San Diego Chargers need this for AFC playoff consideration. The Ravens are trying to stay ahead of the Pittsburgh Steelers for a potential first-round bye.While the Chargers have won two consecutive games, they've come against the Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills, two bad teams.

My biggest worry for the Chargers would be how their offensive line holds up against the Ravens' defensive line and Ray Lewis, who may return for this game.

Since the Ravens have already lost road games to the Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars and Seattle Seahawks, I'm going to reluctantly side with the Chargers and try to steal a win in my pick' em league.

Against The Spread: San Diego Chargers (+1)
Straight: San Diego Chargers 20, Baltimore Ravens 17

Pittsburgh Steelers (+2.5) at San Francisco 49ers 
Going with the Pittsburgh Steelers until I hear more about Ben Roethlisberger's injury. If Roethlisberger plays, this pick changes to the San Francisco 49ers. I just don't like that 49ers' offense going up against the Steelers' defense. I think they'll get smothered. I also think the Steelers are more used to these types of games.

Against The Spread: Pittsburgh Steelers (+2.5)
Straight: Pittsburgh Steelers 17, San Francisco 49ers 13

No comments:

Post a Comment